Sunday, January 25, 2009

The term "serigraph"

Someone e-mailed a question via my website: "Is a serigraph the same as a screenprint?" The answer is yes, essentially. The process is the same. However, the term "serigraph" is used when the screenprint is created as fine art, typically on archival paper. The term "screenprint" is a correct term in a fine art context as well, but is also used to refer to the process within a commercial context.


Happy Birthday, Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment