Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm Back... After a Hectic Ten Days. Missed You!

Can't even report that I've gotten to spend time in the studio, so all my projects have been on hold. This is a common issue for most artists. It is always a challenge to balance precious creative time with everything else we need and want to do.



One On-Hold Project: "The Myopic Husband"

What you see here is the only screenprint (in a working edition of 60) with the last layer - the brownish color defining the character. I am not happy with it - it is bland, uninteresting, and the brownish color isn't as dynamic as I had hoped. So, I quit printing after seeing this result and have headed back to the "drawing board" to revamp the final layer for the rest of the unfinished prints in the edition.



Another On-Hold Project: "My Garden" (working title)

I'm adding areas of water color on top of the first layer of screenprinted transparent color. After that, I've got 4 or 5 more layers of screenprinted transparent color to print on top. I always write notes in the margin of my working draft...they help me remember how I fleshed out the image in my mind and serve as a guide to the rest of my work once I get back to it.

I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. I really like the colors of this piece. They have a summery gelato feel.
    Iris of 7 Plus

    ReplyDelete