Monday, January 4, 2010

A Day At the Huntington

I'd forgotten how wonderful Pasadena is.

But today was a delightful reminder. I met friends Roger O'Leary-Archer and Pat Sullivan for lunch in Pasadena followed by a visit to the vast acreage of The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens in neighboring San Marino. There, we saw three great exhibitions: The Color Explosion, about how color lithographs revolutionized the printing industry in 19th-century America; Central Avenue and Beyond, about the Harlem Renaissance in Los Angeles in the 1920's and 30's; and Drawn to Satire, a show of John Sloan's etchings.
The entrance to the Huntington.
Pat and Roger graciously pose. The place was packed with visitors today.
Part of the vast gardens surrounding the many buildings that make up the Huntington.
The Huntington Art Museum
The Arboretum

On the way home, I couldn't resist stopping off in South Pasadena to my all-time favorite clothing store, Koi, on Fair Oaks. (It used to be called Sonnie's.) So many beautiful clothes! Where to begin? I held myself back today, but it was terribly hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment