Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Power of Suggestion


Last Thursday, Cynthia Evans and I had brunch at Jongewaard's Bake N Broil on Atlantic in Long Beach. We both ordered egg dishes, but after we gave our menus back to the waitress, Cynthia said, "The Lemon Pancake Special with Blueberries and Raspberry Sauce is really good."

Later, I couldn't get those pancakes off my mind. "Hmmmm. They certainly sound good," I thought to myself that afternoon. The next morning, my favorite breakfast cereal tasted a little dull. And then, over the weekend, I thought a lot about the fact that blueberries have antioxidants, which are essential to good health.

You can see where this is heading so I'll cut to the chase: This morning, I returned to Bake N Broil, ordered the Special, and found out that Lemon Pancakes with Blueberries and Raspberry Sauce are DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment